How To Work With Smith Naturals.
- If you have an idea to formulate a new skin care product, you can send Smith Naturals the product concept, and we will give advice where necessary. The product concept should include expectations concerning appearance, texture and absorption, as well as the pricing policy. SN can reformulate existing products to replace synthetic ingredients with natural alternatives.
- Once the concept has been agreed upon, Smith Naturals will research suitable active ingredients according to customer requirements for efficacy. Ingredients may be sourced from several different suppliers.
- Smith Naturals will research and identify base ingredients, while making sure that all ingredients are not restricted by ASEAN/EU harmonization regulations (or similar rules in other territories).
- Smith Naturals will pay particular attention to the preservatives. We do not use Parabens, and we use natural preservatives wherever possible.
- Smith Naturals does not use mineral oils, paraffin, or petroleum derivatives in its formulations.
- Once the research has been completed, Smith Naturals will select the most suitable OEM (original equipment manufacturer) to handle production. At present, we mainly work with OEMs in Thailand and the USA.
- The entire process normally takes 4-6 months for a new formula to be developed and pass all testing.
- Once testing is completed to satisfaction, Smith Naturals will send a product sample to the client for future reference.
- Smith Naturals can advise clients concerning their choice of packaging according to product type (cream, serum, gel, liquid), texture and viscosity, and pricing policy.
- Smith Naturals can source tube manufacturers around the world. The client should supply artwork to SN, and we will supervise the production process. A sample tube will be sent to the client for approval. (Please note: The minimum run is usually 10,000 pieces.)
- Smith Naturals can arrange to ship packaging (and bulk product) to any location should the customer wish to arrange their own filing locally.
- Smith Naturals can also manufacture display boxes; however, we try to encourage customers to manufacture these locally, in order to use local content.
- Customers should allow approximately 90 days for design and manufacturing of packaging and final approval of the standard packaging.
- Smith Naturals will work with the customer’s product development manager to formulate supplements according to the client’s specification.
- Smith Naturals manufactures supplements at several OEMs in the U.S.
Testing and validation
- A wide variety of testing for skin care products is available. Smith Naturals can arrange with third party labs for allergy testing, skin moisturizing testing, skin whitening testing, etc., or the customer can arrange for this to be done independently.
- Finished products are tested for pathogens before delivery.
Smith Natural Proprietary Formulations
Placing Your Label on Smith Natural Products
- Smith Naturals has a large number of existing products and formulations which are available for export or local manufacture under license. Smith Naturals welcomes and can accommodate enquiries from all regions worldwide.
For further information, or to discuss an idea, please contact
Lalita at email: firstname.lastname@example.org